Wednesday, May 21, 2014

DIY - Lace Floral Cat Headband



I'm working on my senior project and I can do anything I want for it, so, with my love for fashion and being too broke to shop for pretty things all the time, I decided to make my own accessories and clothes. I even have full fashion coordinates done! Part of my project is showing my process so I'll be posting a lot of DIYs on what I made-- but seriously this is so fun to do, even once I graduate I'm going to keep making DIYs and posting them here! This one turned out so well, I'm very happy with the results. ^^ After surfing the internet and drooling over accessories in online stores, I saw something that I could easily replicate myself-- and I was right, it's really easy.




Things you'll need :
Wire
Fabric color of choice (I used sheer white)
Plain Headband
Mini Flowers
Rhinestones
Hot Glue Gun

First off, start with your headband base and take your wire and wrap it around the headband three or so times to secure it. Create a triangle shape to represent ears and continue to overlap the wire a few times. For mine, the ears are 2 inches in height and there were 6 layers of wire to make the ears sturdy. Hotglue where the wire hugs the headband so it doesn't move around. Next, take your white fabric and wrap it around the headband base first, don't include the ears.

Add hotglue to length of the headband and then wrap the fabric around the hotglue areas. Move onto the ears next.


Take the lace and glue it behind the ears. Instead of putting the lace straight on, fold it over itself every half inch to make it look ruffled.

Using the same white fabric, I cut out triangles which are roughly the same size of the ears. Since the fabric is thin and sheer, I used 3 layers. If your fabric is thick, only use 1 or 2 layers. Then glue it behind the ears and the lace.


 Next, take small flowers (I bought these at Walmart) and arrange them before you glue it. The flowers came with small green petals, but I cut them off because it made the final result look messy-- some of the petals covered half of a flower. Spread hotglue generously on the fabric base and stick the flowers as bunched up as possible, making sure there is no gaps or empty space left.



 This is optional, but it certainly makes the headband look pretty and make the ears pop out. Place large rhinestones around the ears, leaving 1/4 inch between each one.




And there you have it~ You're done~ Only took me half an hour to make and $5 worth of materials from my local stores. Of course it's all customizable-- you can have bear ears, devil ears, etc. I'll be making more headbands in the future and uploading them shortly. This is the first DIY I've ever made, but I'll be sure to improve my explanations and step by step pictures. ^^


Bye for now~

No comments:

Post a Comment